This Privacy Notice sets forth the information gathering, use, and dissemination practices of eRAD, Inc., a subsidiary of Radnet Management, Inc., and its affiliate and subsidiary companies (collectively, “eRAD”) in connection with its websites, including www.erad.com and other sites within the eRAD domains (“Site”), and the products and services offered by eRAD.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal identification data, including but not limited to personal health information, collected when you purchase our products or services, visit our Sites, or request information or otherwise communicate with eRAD (“Personal Information”). Personal Information might include data such as name, email address, home and work address, telephone or mobile number, birth date, social security number, medical record numbers, or health care history and diagnoses.
Personal Information is protected pursuant to federal and state laws, including HIPAA and the HITECH Act, and the EU Data Protection Directive, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
eRAD may collect or track the following:
- The e-mail addresses used when communicating with eRAD via e-mail.
- Information you knowingly provided in online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, the “Contact Us” section of the Site, and other online avenues including, but not limited to, demographic, business profile, and personal profile data.
- The home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of client computer, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of Web browser used when visiting the Site.
- Aggregate and user-specific information regarding which Site pages you access.
eRAD may place Internet “cookies” on your hard drives. Internet cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor’s name, password, user name, shopping cart, screen preferences, and the pages of a site viewed by the visitor. When you revisit the Site, eRAD may recognize you by the Internet cookie and customize your experience accordingly. You may decline Internet cookies, if any, by using the appropriate feature of your Web client software, if available.
eRAD also may use Web “bugs” to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. A Web bug is a file object, which can be a graphic image such as a transparent one pixel-by-one pixel graphics file, which is placed on a Web page or in an e-mail message to monitor user activity. A Web bug can gather, for example, the IP address of your computer, the time the Web page was viewed, and the type of browser used.
When you perform a search within the Site, eRAD may record information identifying you or linking you to the search performed. eRAD may also record limited information for every search request and use that information to solve technical problems with the services available directly or indirectly in connection with the Site and to calculate overall usage statistics.
eRAD customers, vendors and others with whom eRAD has a business relationship might share personal information about patients, physicians, technologist, system administrators, employees, contractors, payors and other individuals when requesting support for its products and services.
Reasons for Collecting Personal Information
eRAD collects and processes personal identification information as follows:
- By a user’s consent;
- To comply with contractual obligations or enter into a contract;
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations;
- Where the processing is necessary to carry out activities for which it is in eRAD’s legitimate interests to do so provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where eRAD needs to protect your interests or someone else’s interests;
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
How We Share Your Information
eRAD is the sole owner of the information collected on its Site. We will not use thisinformation in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
We will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. If you remove information that you have made public, be aware copies may remain viewable in cached or archived pages, or others may have copied or saved the information.
We may share non-personally identifiable information such as anonymous usage data, URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc., with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain services and those of our partners.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Data about a Site visitors’ computers and Personal Information may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which eRAD enters into a corporate transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, or to a third party pursuant to a legal obligation if determined by eRAD that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of eRAD or any other person or entity, or as necessary to third parties under contract with eRAD to improve and provide services associated with its products and services.
While eRAD may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which eRAD shares, rents, sells, or otherwise discloses Personal Information is under a contractual obligation to use the Personal Information solely for the purposes for which the data was disclosed, eRAD is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, such third party’s conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices.
eRAD products and services may contain links to other websites, advertisements for or placed by third parties, and products or services provided by third party business development partners. eRAD is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites, advertisers, or third parties, the products or services provided, or for the content of such websites or advertisements. It is possible that these portions of products and services, links, or advertisements, themselves, may be used by third parties or others to collect personal or other information about users of the products and services. It is solely the users’ obligation to review and understand the privacy practices and policies of these other websites and of these advertisers and third parties.
eRAD has implemented physical, electronic and procedural security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Despite eRAD efforts to protect your personal information, there is always a risk that an unauthorized third party may circumvent such procedures or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from eRAD via its products or via e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed. Accordingly, eRAD is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Instead of communicating with eRAD via e-mail or the Internet, visitors can contact eRAD by telephone using the number provided in the contact section of this notice.
Storage and Processing
The period for which we will keep your Personal Information will depend on the type of service you have requested from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain Personal Information, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim.
Your information collected through eRAD, may be stored and processed in the U.S., Europe or any other country in which eRAD, or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. eRAD may transfer information that we collect about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities or to other third parties across borders and from other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
If you are located in the European Union or other regions in which laws governing data collection and use may differ from U.S. law, please note that eRAD will not transfer information, including Personal Information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction unless we have entered into so-called “Standard Contractual Clauses” approved by the Commission of the European Union for international transfer of Personal Information.
Correcting and Updating Personal Information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the services provided by eRAD, we will attempt to correct, update, or remove your personal data provided to us. You should e-mail customer support, telephone eRAD, or use postal mail using the contact information listed in the section labeled “Contacting Us.”
Except as necessary for eRAD to provide the services, information, or products requested by you, you may opt out of having your Personal Information retained by eRAD, used by eRAD for secondary purposes, or disclosed by eRAD to third parties. To opt-out, contact eRAD directly, reply to unsubscribe in the subject line in an e-mail or click on the opt-out link when available.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories ofpersonal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please contact eRAD using the contact information provided in this notice.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
eRAD is the data controller for the Site and Services. Contact information is in the Contacting Us section below.
Under EU data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your Personal Information if we have a legal basis for doing so. In addition to your consent, we rely on the following legal bases to use your information:
- For employment-related purposes.
- To perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in eRAD’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to do so and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including:
- Processing that is necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns. This will include sending you marketing information from time to time after you have engaged us to provide services or received services from us either which may be similar and of interest to you or where you have expressly indicated that you would like to receive such information. You have the right to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
- Processing that is necessary to improve our knowledge of the radiology sector. This includes undertaking market analysis and research so that we better understand trends in the radiology sector and provide better knowledge along with more tailored and relevant services for our customers in the future.
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively. This includes:
- Verifying the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- Processing for administrative efficiency purposes such as where we outsource certain administrative functions to third parties who specialize in such services;
- Processing for network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorized access or to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of any of your rights outlined below;
- Processing for product support, improvement and post-market surveillance;
- Processing for website content improvement;
- Processing for fulfillment of a requested transaction or recordkeeping;
- Processing for a statistical analysis of users’ behavior;
- Processing to customize the content and layout of the product or service.
- Without limiting the foregoing, Personal Information which vendors and customers provide to eRAD for processing are used on behalf of and in accordance with the vendor and/or customer’s instructions, which includes the following purposes: (i) processing in accordance with the service agreement and applicable orders; and (ii) processing to comply with other reasonable instructions provided by the vendor and/or customer where such instructions are consistent with the terms of the service agreement.
In more limited circumstances we may also rely on the following legal bases:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests)
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
You have a number of rights under EU data protection legislation in relation to your Personal Information, these include the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your Personal Information
- Obtain access to your Personal Information that we hold
- Request that your Personal Information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate
- Request that we erase your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- If we are continuing to process Personal Information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected
- If we are relying on consent as the legal basis for processing and you withdraw consent
- If we are relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing and you object to this processing and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us continue with the processing
- If the Personal Information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation)
- If it is necessary to delete the Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
- Personal Information is inaccurate
- Our processing of your Personal Information is unlawful
- Where we no longer need the Personal Information but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim where you have raised an objection to our use of your Personal Information
- Request a copy of certain Personal Information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format. This right relates to Personal Information that you have provided to us that we need in order to perform our agreement with you and Personal Information where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information
- Object to our processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on legitimate interests or exercise of a public interest task to make the processing lawful. If you raise an objection we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground which entitles us to continue to process your Personal Information
- Not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please reach out to us by any of the ways mentioned in the “Contacting Us” section of this Privacy Notice.
Right to Change Privacy Notice
eRAD may change this Privacy Notice at any time. Notice of any new or revised Privacy Notice, as well as the location of the new or revised statement, will be posted on the Site for at least 20 days after the change. It is the obligation of users returning to the Site to learn of changes to the Privacy Notice since their last visit. Any change to this Privacy Notice shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made.
Consent to This Privacy Notice
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, by using the Site, you consent to and agree to the terms defined herein and to the collection and use of your personal information by eRAD as specified above unless you inform eRAD otherwise by using the contact information provided in this notice.
For further information about eRAD, its Sites and this Privacy Notice, contact eRAD’s data protection officer at [email protected] or at the address or phone number below.
In the United States:
201 Brookfield Parkway
Greenville, SC 29607
Varosmajor utca 13
Budpest, 1122 Hungary