eRAD’s vendor-neutral archiving eliminates data silos and facilitates interoperability between disparate systems. eRAD puts data on your screen quickly, whether it originated from a legacy system, another vendor’s data archive or an eRAD archive.
DICOM Files and VNA
To deliver optimal care, you need a full patient history—fast. The origin of that information shouldn’t matter. By consolidating islands of disparate data, eRAD Archiving distributes DICOM file information when and where clinicians need it. Without expensive migrations and downtime.
eRAD PACS provides an option to independently archive DICOM file data in each of the imaging facilities of a distributed environment. You can keep DICOM file data from being commingled with another site’s data, yet give users the benefit of having all the data available from a single worklist. Access to the data in each archive is protected by privileges managed by the system administrator.
The eRAD platform is DICOM- and IHE-compliant. Its capacity is expandable; customers can add storage volumes without modifying existing volumes. Multiple, independent DICOM format archives are supported at any level of the system.
eRAD archiving is vendor-neutral by design and can evolve as new interoperability issues arise. It includes:
- Complete DICOM file conformance (for existing DICOM SOP Classes).
- Ability to organize/manage DICOM format data per organizational node (facility, department, etc.).
- Intelligent, metadata-driven Information Lifecycle Management, including purge.
- Inbound data coercion.
- Ability to create/associate a unique patient/study ID.
- Pre-fetching and rules-based (user-defined) routing.
- Mirrored configurations with automated failover and reconciliation for DICOM files.
- System-wide propagation of HL7 (Health Level-7) updates.
- Storage Reclamation following media migration or data purge.
- Data Compression options including negotiating DICOM format supported syntax.
- Transaction Logging and Reporting.
- Security including user credentialing and authentication.
“We have been very impressed to date with the intuitiveness of the products, the ease of implementation, the product and professional services support teams from eRAD and the pace at which we are seeing this new platform evolve.”
“You need a lean, smart system. We had confidence in eRAD, knowing that they’ve helped many practices and physicians attest, so we knew we had a solution-oriented partner with access to the right resources to get the job done.”
“The difference in our workflow is significant. Not having to switch to different reporting formats, not having to learn and log into multiple systems—all that expands the possibilities for our practice and speeds our turnaround times.”