The Requirements Writer and Coordinator for our Product Management team will involve expertise in multiple product areas within our eRAD RIS software.
This person will be responsible for drafting requirements for enhancement requests that are prioritized by RadNet stakeholders and commercial eRAD customers. Will involve triage of all incoming requests and creation of entries in our software development tracking system. Coordinate with the product management team to identify which team member will be responsible for refining upcoming product requirements, as well as following up to ensure that requirements for features that are under active discussion or assigned to upcoming target versions have been fully defined and are ready for the next stage of development. For requirements under their ownership, will clearly document product requirements that allow the developer and quality assurance teams to clearly envision a successful outcome and will work with the developer as needed to ensure that the end product meets the customer needs.
This person will be required to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full delivery lifecycle, which includes working closely with the team leads, facilitating communication within and across departments, coordinating with management, business analysts, product team and developers, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally as part of a team with Product Management, Development, QE, Clinical Systems, and Operations on all matters related to enhancement request processing, requirements development, and ensuring that the final outcome meets the needs of eRAD RIS customers.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Intake enhancement requests and enter into the development tracking system, communicating back to the requestor and pursuing clarification where needed to fully understand the request.
- Coordinate and lead requirements gathering discussion with various stakeholders and subject matter experts to better understand the needs and goals of an enhancement request. This may include presenting a proposed approach back to the interested party to gather feedback and input, which will then be incorporated into the final design.
- Rely on strong interpersonal skills to bring stakeholder groups to consensus when opinions differ on how to design an enhancement.
- Think outside the box to propose creative solutions to customer pain points and business needs with a focus on a positive and efficient user experience.
- Clearly articulate written development requirements that highlight: what the software will do, how it is expected to perform, what the user experience will look like, and why the new functionality is needed. Preemptively address potential issues, connection points, or design decisions in order to give the developer a clear picture of a successful solution.
- Work closely with Development and QA contacts and business to ensure that any questions or design decisions are addressed in a timely fashion to meet development timelines.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts.
- Contribute detailed feature ideas to the product roadmap and assist with backlog prioritization.
- Balance tradeoffs among product value, design, and technological constraints.
- Participate in Product Management team activities: prioritization, estimation, road mapping, product brainstorming.
- Collaborate with product managers, clinical systems, and operational teams to ensure that our products are making our customers successful.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching with hands and arms, using hands and fingers, handling, or feeling, speaking, listening, and high-level cognitive thinking. Also, must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally. The position requires the ability to travel (~20% of time), drive a vehicle, and utilize other forms of transportation.
This position is currently a remote role.